I received a question today from a friend. It seems that her husband lost his job and now they’re relying on HER income until he can find a new one. So, her question was “How do I increase my income quickly?”
You know, the funny thing (well, not so funny thing) is that my husband quit his job a little over a year ago to stay home with me. It was a very CRAZY and stressful year! But, I know how that stress
can block you from seeing the things right in front of you.
Here are a few ideas:
1. Look at what is CURRENTLY making you the most money. That is where you need to focus your energy — even if it isn’t something you truly love. Do you happen to have people lined up to pay you to
do something already or asking you advice about something? Do that. Focus on the website or business that is working for you now. Throw your energy at that which pays you. If you’re in Direct Sales that may mean making calls every day, following up on leads and scheduling events. Do that, and do more of it. 🙂
Follow the money to its source and do more of that!
2. Find a timely affiliate program and plaster it all over the web. For instance, my book about Starting a Santa Letter Business is selling like gangbusters. If you know anyone interested in starting
a Santa Letter Business, you can sign up for the affiliate program and earn a commission on each one you sell. Here’s the link – http://www.santaletterbusiness.com/
Or find another affiliate program that you’re really excited about! I have a list of my favorite affiliate programs here – http://www.momaffiliatenetwork.com/
3. List everything you don’t currently need on eBay. Not only will you clean out your house a bit and make some room, you’ll add increased income. People are looking to shop right now. If you have new items or in demand items, they’ll buy from you. Here are some eBay resources for you – http://www.justbusinessideas.com/how_to_start_an_ebay.htm
4. Get help from someone who can see your situation more clearly. I’m offering e-coaching. I specialize in helping you to write and publish an ebook, how to find content, how to monetize it, viral marketing or boosting your affiliate program. You can find out more here.
Whether it’s me or someone else, find a mentor who is actually making money. Don’t take advice from people around you who may not know a thing about what you’re doing. Find someone who is doing
what you want to do and is successful at it. Follow that person.
5. Offer a service. Errand services, Mommy’s Helper Services, VA Services… they are all in high demand. Choose one.
6. Use your mailing list. I just recently told you about Kelly McCausey’s Report about using your mailing list during the Holidays. This is a great idea no matter what type of business you’re in. Mailing List Profits
7. Once you decide what you’re going to focus on, then market, market, market it and market it some more! Market online and offline, if appropriate. If you need some online web traffic ideas — I have a free course here that you can sign up for:
Those are just some ideas off the top of my head. There are a million more. Just focus on ONE thing and work your butt off to make it work. Then, you can always tackle more once you have the steady stream of income coming in.
Have a great day!