I met my friend Kelly McCausey many moons ago — way back in late 2004, when she held a Work at Home Mom Most Valuable Player (WAHM MVP) contest on her site. I was nominated for the award so Kelly interviewed me on her podcast at www.WAHMTalkRadio.com. I was totally freaked out because it was my first interview. She cheered me on and I became a fan for life.
I joined her site Mom Masterminds soon after that, in February of 2005 so that I'd have the opportunity to get to know her better. (Sneaky, eh? I was stalking her!)
Since then we've partnered on many projects including ReliableWebs.com & EasyArticleMarketing.com, she's been an adviser to me, and a sanity saver on multiple occasions.
Here's more about Kelly:
Kelly McCausey has built a thriving internet business doing what she loves; writing, creating, coaching and encouraging others. With a goal to provide high value, low cost resources and services that help moms achieve dreams of working at home, Kelly publishes a variety of blogs, podcasts, ebooks and audio products along with a weekly newsletter that reaches 6000+ moms.
The audio recording of our interview is at the end of this blog post. Just look for the “play” button and listen. It’s free!
Learn More about Kelly here –> WAHMTalkRadio
Paid “Must Have” Tools & Resources Mentioned in this Call:
- Amember– for running membership sites
- Membernaire– a course about running membership sites
- Basecamp – to help you juggle projects, clients, and helpers without losing your mind.
Free “Must Have” Tools & Resources Mentioned in this Call:
Takeaway Points from Kelly
- Offer much free content.
- Adjust your business smartly.
- Focus on one market
- Look for & expect cooperation.
Listen below and leave me a comment about your thoughts and/or who you’d like to hear as a guest in a future episode.
Comment to Enter to Win Kelly's
The Complete Internet Marketing Moms Start Up Guide
After listening to the show, comment below and you'll be entered to win a prize from Kelly. (US and Canada are only eligible as this has to be put in the mail – but I, of course, hope you'll comment no matter where you live.)
Here are some ideas.
– Tell us something you learned from the show.
– Tell us something you're changing after listening.
– Tell us about a time when you fell flat on your face and had to get back up.
– Tell us a time you took a risk and it paid off.
– Tell us what questions you have about your business.
One winner will be chosen from all “non-spam” comments (US and Canada) by using Random.org.
PS. Click to learn How to Record Telephone Interviews like I do.[display_podcast]