Online Success Cast #7: Felicia Slattery
I met Felicia Slattery at Willie Crawford’s Birthday Bash – and then had the enormous pleasure of seeing her again at Ken McArthur's IMPACT event. Psssst. It's her birthday today, so wish her a happy birthday! 🙂
She is a total firecracker! I just adore her for her energy, enthusiasm, and her smarts, too, of course. We definitely have a complementary skill set. Her strengths and my strengths are different, which means that, every time we sit down and talk, we each learn something new. (I love chatting with her for that reason and more.)
Felicia's bio – so you understand WHY I had her on the show other than because she's my friend:
Felicia Slattery is a communication consultant, speaker, and coach specializing in training busy professionals to succeed by communicating effectively with clients and prospects. She teaches teleseminars, leads workshops, and offers private coaching to individual clients on improving their communication skills in order to present their best image.
The audio recording of our interview is at the end of this blog post. Just look for the “play” button and listen. It’s free!
Learn More about Felicia here –> Communication Transformation
Paid “Must Have” Tools & Resources Mentioned in this Call:
- Live Events
- Mastermind Groups (Note from Nicole: Mom Masterminds was the first mastermind group that I Joined back in 2005 and I'm still a member.)
Free “Must Have” Tools & Resources Mentioned in this Call:
- Twitter: Felicia Slattery on Twitter | Nicole Dean on Twitter
- Free Conference Call for hosting teleseminars or recording calls.
- Free Forums and Networking Groups for meeting people.
People who have Influenced Felicia
- Jimmy D. Brown – I concur.
- Bob “the Teacher” Jenkins.
- Dave Lakhani
- Jeff Herring – article marketing guy.
- Alicia Forest
Takeaway Points from Felicia
- Focus on your strengths.
- Outsource your weaknesses.
- Build relationships.
- Write and submit articles.
Listen below and leave me a comment about your thoughts and/or who you’d like to hear as a guest in a future episode.
Comment and Win Felicia's Cash in on Speaking Course $47 Value!
Prize has been awarded.
After listening to the show, comment below and you'll be entered to win a prize from Felicia.
Here are some ideas.
– Tell us something you learned from the show.
– Tell us something you're changing after listening.
– Tell us about a time when you fell flat on your face and had to get back up.
– Tell us a time you took a risk and it paid off.
– Tell us what questions you have about public speaking in your business.
One winner will be chosen from all “non-spam” comments by using Random.org.
PS. Click to learn How to Record Telephone Interviews like I do.[display_podcast]
I appreciate shares and I adore comments! Please share your thoughts.
Andrea TannouriJune 2, 2009 at 10:25 am
Hi Nicole! I don’t see the link to listen to the call?
Andrea Tannouri’s last blog post..How I got Multiple sites on Front search results page in Google for my keywords WITHOUT paying for Ads
NicoleJune 2, 2009 at 10:34 am
Yeah… that would probably help. 😉 It’s attached now.
MelissaJune 3, 2009 at 12:09 pm
Great interview, Nicole.
It reinforced my determination to build more relationships–okay begin building relationships–which is my biggest weakness.
I’m pretty shy and networking is not my favorite activity.
Melissa’s last blog post..Easily Create New Coaching Packages Using PLR
Andre ArnettJune 3, 2009 at 2:53 pm
This was a very inspirational interview. I really like the enthusiasm Felicia showed. It was really worthwhile. Thanks for sharing.
Andre Arnett’s last blog post..Advanced Twitter Marketing System and Twitter Time Saver – A Good Pair Working Together
Tracy RobertsJune 3, 2009 at 2:48 pm
C’mon Random.org 😉
Loved the interview with Felicia. She’s such a dynamic speaker.
I learned that I need to step out of my comfort zone more and take action. I don’t know if speaking is in my future but I do realize that it definitely won’t hurt me to learn how to speak in public.
Tracy Roberts’s last blog post..Married to the Brand – A Book Review
MicheleJune 4, 2009 at 4:46 pm
Wow. What a cool woman to sit down and talk with. I’m sociable but I sometimes have a problem with discussing business. Thank you for sharing.
Angie (Losing It and Loving It)June 8, 2009 at 6:38 am
I am one of those that are having a hard time with the wordpress tech stuff. For me though, hubby and I have personally had our sites hacked and I have had my credit info stolen in the past so I don’t give my log in info out to anyone. How would you overcome that if wanting someone to be able to do my WP upgrades, etc.? I’m not against outsourcing but anything that needs my personal info is a no go at this time BUT I’m willing to learn how to overcome that if someone has input.
Great to learn that I probably shouldn’t launch anything on a Friday, very interesting.
At some point, I would like to step out of my comfort zone and communicate with my readers via audio/video and/or podcast.
Oh and I finally got over the hump and started adding things to my website knowing that it will always be a work in progress and I can always add more. That is definitely a struggle I have/had.
Thanks for sharing so many great tips.
Angie (Losing It and Loving It)’s last blog post..Goals for the week and workouts
NicoleJune 8, 2009 at 5:21 pm
When it comes to outsourcing your word press blog updates, there are a few things to take into consideration…
1. Get a recommendation from a trusted friend. For instance, I trust Kelly McCausey from FreshNets.com to do anything with my blogs.
2. If it’s a one-time job, then you can change your admin password temporarily to allow the person in and then change it back. Do this for SURE if you’re using the same password for multiple purposes. (Don’t MAKE me kick your butt with the password lecture…) 😉
3. Train hubby! If he’s concerned about it then that’s a perfect way for him to contribute to your business so that you can focus on the marketing/making money side of things.
4. Always back up before making big changes. Usually upgrades do this on their own, but… you can never trust things to go as planned, so, if it’s your big money blog and you don’t want to gamble with it — back it up before messing with it.
And, no, with as much as I outsource, no one has access to my paypal account logins. I’m not comfortable with that either.
Hope that helps and keep the comments coming!
NicoleJune 18, 2009 at 7:15 am
Melissa Ingold – You are the winner! I’ll contact you today. 🙂
Cara MirabellaJune 24, 2009 at 6:54 am
I was in tears listening! Being a fellow preemie mom, listening to her experience brought up those scary emotions.
I am trying to figure out why I’m here and defining my comfort zone. Then I’m going to take action using the inspiration and energy Felicia shares.
Cara Mirabella’s last blog post..Clean House Using The Focus Formula
LorettaFebruary 1, 2010 at 3:01 am
So, Nicole, how’s that signature speech coming along? 😉
Felicia SlatteryFebruary 3, 2010 at 10:30 pm
How IS that Signature Speech coming along? 😉
I had no idea your community said such nice things about our interview. Then I think Loretta’s comment triggered a Google Alert for my name and here I am!
I’m feeling grateful and humbled to have met you and had the opportunity to speak with you & your community. And of course it should go without saying that ANYTIME you have a question or need help with any speech — call me first!